Sunday, July 10, 2016

waiting to foster

Waiting... then more waiting....

Can't say its my forte.  At least when you are pregnant, you have a due date.  You know within days (or if you are early or late, weeks) when your child will arrive.

When you are preparing to do foster care, there is no due date.  Only waiting.  Waiting to take the next class.  Waiting to see if all of the paperwork is correct.  Waiting to see if you pass the fire inspection. And on and on.  And now, waiting for someone to get back from vacation to sign our papers so it can be sent to the state.

And after that?  More waiting.  Waiting for a phone call  to see if we can take a little one.

And there is only so much preparation one can do.  Hubby said I was nesting.  And for a while, I was.  Cleaning things, organizing closets, etc.  But all that has stopped.  Why?  Because I have no idea if I am preparing for an infant or a 5 year old.  Or anything in between.  That's hard to prepare for!

So instead of buying outfits in every size.  I'll just wait.  But when he/she/they get here: shopping spree!

No comments:

Post a Comment